Aurora 4000 is the only commercially available polar integrating
nephelometer in the world. It automatically measures
light scattering from aerosols in different angular sectors by varying its backscatter
shutter’s position. Used for deriving the aerosol asymetry parameter.
The Aurora 4000 is the only commercially available polar integrating nephelometer in the world. It uses the same three wavelength technology as Ecotech’s Aurora 3000 nephelometer but also automatically measures scattering in different angular sectors by varying its backscatter shutter’s position.
The Aurora 4000 polar nephelometer provides more specific light scattering measurements from any angle between 10° and 90° up to 170°, with up to 17 different angles per measurement. This extra measurement provides comprehensive data allowing a greater characterisation of aerosol scattering than the basic backscatter measurement.
Using an innovative LED light source, the Aurora 4000 simultaneously measures at 525nm (green), 450nm (blue) and 635nm (red) to enable wide and in-depth analysis of the interaction between light and aerosols.
- Programmable number and value of angles, from 2-18 and 10 to 90°.
- High powered LED light-source increases measurement accuracy.
- Single light source and detector used for each sector measurement.
- Facilitates a wide measuring range (0.0 to 20 000 Mm-1).
Ease of use
- Simplified automatic calibration using internal valves, ideal for remote locations.
- Internal 12VDC sample pump or optional external pump.
- Fully automatic zero and span check or calibration available in intervals of 1, 3, 6, 12, 24 hrs or weekly.
- Easy automatic calibration, ensures repeatability of measurement.
- Automatic optical reference calibration.
- Fully integrated package including; internal sample pump, sample heater, internal calibration valves, zero air pump and data logger.
- Internal sample heater with temperature or RH control, which can be enabled by the user to eliminate the effects of humidity RH: <30% to <90%).
- 12 VDC operation (60 watts max, 15 watts nominal).
Lower cost of ownership
- Fully automatic zero and span calibrations.
- Low power internal 12V sample heater.
- Long lasting low power LED light source.
- No bandpass filters to be replaced.