The Aurora 3000 three wavelength nephelometer is the instrument of choice for climate change researchers, helping them to derive the aerosol asymetry parameter, Angstrom coefficient and the single scattering albedo of aerosols.
Multi Wavelength Integrating Nephelometer
All of these parameters being used in climate change models.
Using it's innovative LED light source, the Aurora 3000 simultaneously measures at 525nm (green), 450nm (blue) and 635nm (red) to enable wide and in-depth analysis of the interaction between light and aerosols. The Ecotech Aurora 3000 includes backscatter measurement that allows both standard integrating measurements of 9-170° and also the backscatter 90-170°.
- Easy automatic calibration, ensures repeatability of measurement.
- Automatic optical reference calibration.
- High powered LED light-source increases measurement accuracy.
- Single light source and detector used for all wavelengths.
- Facilitates a wide measuring range (0 to 20 000 Mm-1).
Ease of use
- Simplified automatic calibration using internal valves, ideal for remote locations.
- Internal 12VDC pump or optional external pump available.
- Fully automatic zero and span check or calibration available in intervals of 1, 3, 6, 12, 24 hrs or weekly.
- Fully integrated package including internal sample pump, sample heater, internal calibration valves, zero air pump and data logger.
- Internal sample heater with temperature or RH control, which can be enabled by the user to eliminate the effects of humidity (RH: <30% to <90%).
- 12 VDC operation (60 watts max, 14 watts nominal).
- Holds up to 33 days of 5 minute data averages or 6 days of 1 min data.
- Data downloader and firmware upgrading software supplied on CD or internet.
Lower cost of ownership
- Fully automatic zero and span calibrations.
- Low power internal 12V sample heater.
- Long lasting low power LED light source.
- No bandpass filters to be replaced.