Ecotech's Aurora 1000 Integrating nephelometers measuring the light scattered by aerosols to measure ambient visibility.
Single Wavelength Integrating Nephelometer.
Easy to use and maintain, the Aurora 1000 lowers the cost of ownership for aerosol light scattering, visibility and particulate monitoring instrumentation.
The Aurora 1000 monitor uses a single wavelength for scattering coefficient visibility measurements at one of three user specified wavelengths:
- 50nm (blue) for fine and ultra fine particulates (wood fires, automobiles)
- 635nm (red) for large particulates (pollen, desert dust)
- 525nm (green) for visibility
- Automatic calibration
- Easy maintenance/cleaning of the measurement cell
- Long lasting LED light source
- Intuitive software and maintenance
- Automatic optical reference calibration
- Facilitates a wide measuring range (0 to 20 000 Mm-1).
- Simplified automatic calibration using internal valves, ideal for remote locations.
- Fully automatic zero and span check or calibration available in intervals of 1, 3, 6, 12, 24 hrs or weekly.
- Fully integrated package including; internal sample pump, sample heater, internal calibration valves, zero air pump and data logger.
- Internal sample heater with temperature or RH control, which can be enabled by the user to eliminate the effects of humidity (RH: <30% to <90%).
- 12 VDC operation (60 watts max, 13 watts nominal).
- Holds up to 61 days of 5 minute data averages or 12 days of 1 min data.
LED vs flash lamp
- Our LED light source is guaranteed not to fail and often exceeds 5 years compared to a flash lamp
that is recommended to be changed every 4-6 months.
- Heat generated by the LED light source is a fraction of that generated by a flash lamp, minimising changes in sample RH.
- LEDs emit light at a specific wavelength eliminating the need for band pass filters.
Lower cost of ownership
- Easy to clean measurement cell.
- Fully automatic zero and span calibrations.
- Low power internal 12V heater eliminates the need for external inlet heater.
- Long lasting low power LED light source.
- No bandpass filters to be replaced.
- Unique in its simplicity and practicality.